WelcomeThe Hoon Hay School, Te Kura Kōaka Board of Trustees (BOT) is made up of five elected parent representatives, a staff representative and the Principal. The Board is mainly accountable for student achievement and must provide an environment for the delivery of quality educational outcomes. Boards are there to govern the school and the Principal manages the school.
Each member of the Board of Trustees is elected for a three-year term. Our elections are held on an 18-month cycle, retaining half the board each time.
Our Board meets twice each term at 7.00pm in the School Staffroom, unless otherwise notified.
The Board's role is to:
- Create a vision for the schools future alongside the Principal
- Be curriculum focused and "hands off" day to day management
- Deal with complaints and disciplinary matters referred by the Principal
- Review and approve a strategic plan each year
- Set a budget and monitor the school's financial position
- Ensure the school communicates effectively with the community
- Review the Principal's performance and management of the school
- Review and audit school policies and the Charter.